- 14th International Conference on Location-Based Services, 15-17 January 2018, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (Deadlines: full papers – July 12, work in progress – July 12, showcases: November 15, CFP as a PDF)
- International Symposium on Location-Based Social Media and Tracking Data, ICC2017 pre-symposium, jointly organized by ICA LBS Commission and ICA Commission on Geospatial Analysis and Modeling (Extended Abstracts deadline: 15 Feb 2017)
- Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to submit full papers for consideration for publication in special issue of International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS)
- 28th International Cartographic Conference (ICC 2017), July 2-7, 2017, Washington DC, USA (Abstracts and full papers deadline: October 26, 2016)
- Development of a research agenda for LBS (One paragraph proposal deadline:
July 15, 20165 August 2016, please submit your proposal here)
- Special issue “Location-Based Services” of ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (IJGI). The special issue aims to provide a general picture of recent research activities related to LBS. If you want to contribute, please have a look at the Call for Papers (deadline:
1 June 201617 February 2017, CFP as a PDF).
- More to come …
- 13th International Conference on Location Based Services (LBS 2016), November 14-16, 2016, Vienna, Austria. (Deadlines: full papers –
June 1June 15, work in progress – July 1, showcases: September 18, CFP as a PDF)
- Special session “LBS and ubiquitous cartography” (SpS6 – ICA) at the ISPRS Congress 2016, which takes place from 12 – 19 July 2016 in Prague, Czech Republic (deadlines: full papers – 13 December 2015, abstracts – 7 January 2016).
- LBS 2015, 16-18 September, Augsburg, Germany – the 12th International Symposium on Location-Based Services was held in Augsburg, Germany, from 16–18 September 2015. It was addressed at researchers, industry operators and students of different backgrounds (scientific, engineering and humanistic) whose work is either focused on or affined to Location Based Services (LBS). The conference featured Alexander Zipf from Heidelberg University and Xiaolin Meng from University of Nottingham as keynote speakers. An overview over the program can be found on lbs2015.tum.de. Selected papers are planned to be published in the Journal of Location Based Services.